Tuesday, September 30, 2008

3 Generations of love...


Three generations made possible….
No one knows what tomorrow will bring – but as I look at this picture of my Mom, Sophia and me as well as the folks and all our children – it gives me hope that I didn’t have during my 16 years of barrenness for tomorrow. Hope of generations to come – someone to pass on my sentimental memories by way of old things. Someone to make new traditions with and keep some of the old. As we work to finalize Sophia’s adoption, life is exciting and full of joy mixed with the sorrows we can’t prevent in the painful world around us.




I vow to shield my children when needed, to allow my children to grown, to honor them in ways that build them up, to be there when the world tears them down, to show them the sunshine in the world, so show them to lend a helping hand to those around them, to show them they can make a difference, to hold them when they need holding, to let them go when they need to run, to be there when they return unquestioned, to rejoice in successes and learn from mistakes, to allow them to make mistakes, to show them I make mistakes with the words “I’m sorry,” to let them be children…..and so much more my heart cannot find the words to express. Oh beloved children – you move and change me beyond the words God can provide me as a human.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi, I am so happy for you that the Lord blessed you with such a wonderful family. They look so happy and contented :) Blessings for the day! Dee

Kristin said...

What a precious family you have!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog regarding my adoption story. Adoption is such a wonderful blessing! I am so glad that God has given us both the gift of family through adoption!

Popular Posts