Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall in Kansas





Fall Season 2008

I love the fall colors, the cooler air, pumpkins, sweat shirts, the smell of burning fields, fall thundershowers and all the memories of seasons past that flood me this time of year. I miss the vibrant colors Canada gave me when I was growing up there, so I try to look harder for the beauty in Kansas and try to ignore the leaves that just shrivel in pathetic pain from the hot summer past So the beauty I do find is in the smoke of fields burning against a blue Kansas sky, or the burning bush that gives a little red to the Kansas color scheme, the bright green of the winter wheat popping up already in fields planted that God watered and the mums people place on their porches to give more color to our fall! I’ve heard people say Kansas is ugly, has no hills (not true) is flat and boring. A Kansas fall is my reminder that there is always beauty around us but it takes opening our eyes and being able to see it and recognize it. Just like people – what we see on the outside isn’t always a reflection of what is inside. I am encouraged by this scripture:
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6: 37,38

1 comment:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Your post is a really blessing to me today. I love your photos too!

Popular Posts