Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Maintenance Required

Recently my “Maintenance Required” light on my car came on and I realized I let the miles roll without scheduling my oil change as I do so faithfully thanks to the reminder sticker they put on my car that I see when I’m driving. It surprised me as I’m known for my organizational skills – but made me realize too that sometimes we chew off more than we can handle and the very essence of our humanity shows. So the light became a reminder for me as I await my now scheduled appointment – that sometimes we need to slow it down and do the maintenance in our lives before we can push on again. This year started off with my doctor finding a tumor and scheduling a hysterectomy for me as quickly as possible. Thankfully it was contained and we got it all and I’m good to go again – but that time served to me as a time my “body” like my “car”, needed some maintenance in order to keep going. God showed me during that time that I needed to regain my healthy sense of self that is so easily lost in our world’ clamor and activity. My brother with cancer knows this now too and I pray I don’t forget this lesson as he now teaches me new ways of understanding through his struggle as well. Romans 8:26-27 ~ “The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi friend, At my age i need constant maintanence. Spiritual, physical, and emotional. Thanks for visiting me at my blog. I feel the Lord connected us and that's got to be a good thing. :) Dee

*~Amber~* said...

Hello!! Followed your blog from my friends... I see that you too have had an epiphany when seeing the light go on in your car. I was sitting in my car one time and it was acting up, we did not have a lot of money, so I prayed to God asking him to gimme a sign if whatever is wrong with the car will be affordable, and "BING" my light came on. Gotta love the little signs he sometimes sends us.

Have a good one, and Happy blogging!

Amber

Popular Posts