Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weaning






Weaning

It is soooooo hard to take away those last bottles from our little girl. I couldn’t breast feed – and I’ve cherished that bottle feeding time when I hold her in my arms, we snuggle and look in each others eyes. The rhythm of touch and nurturing that takes place is very precious to me as I’ve watched her grow over the last year plus. We are both hanging on to what we consider our special time…Steve too has had such bonding moments with her (when she reaches up and touches his beard saying “this is my daddy!”) and that plastic formula/milk filled bottle. Life cycle….while I mourn this loss of special time, I celebrate her new independence bittersweet and think of a friend who has seen her children go to college and know that pain of many forms is in my future as well – hold and release. This is just the beginning of a journey…..God will give me the strength and wisdom I need – He always does. Psalm 131 Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother; my soul is even as a weaned child. Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and for ever.

3 comments:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

I am having trouble letting go of something. Thanks for encouraging me.

Dee said...

She is so prescious. I would have a hard time to. Dee

Michelle said...

I was so excited to get a post on my blog from someone I don't know. That is the fist time ever. Thanks so much for writing. And I wil pray for you as you wean. My babe is 2 months old, I can imagine it will be hard, as i am having a hard time moving him from the bassinet to the crib

Popular Posts