Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Morning of Surgery


Tobias had his nose cauterized on the “other” nostril today and the previous one 'cleaned." This time I took my camera and his book….both smart moves! Last time we were soooo bored waiting 2 hours + for a 5 minute procedure, all the while he was a trooper with his IV drip in his arm. We played “eye spy” over and over, bored out of our gourds! And hungry! We got there at 8:30 a.m. and left at 12:15 p.m.

So, this is this time. While a simple procedure – my heart always beats faster when in a surgery center and they make you wear a gown…..no Tobias, it isn’t a dress! And they poke things in my lovely son’s arm that is soooo skinny and my heart stays in my stomach when they wheel him to surgery without his Mommy wearing a silly hat……I go to the waiting room and pray.

The recovery time also is longer than the actual procedure. Sigh of relief and wanting to scoop up my baby (OK – he isn’t a baby, but in my heart he will always be!) and just take him home. We wait until the go ahead, all is well, go home.

He did well and is resting off the anesthesia and recouping with “no activity” and some much needed rest.

Here is to a year of NO MORE NOSE BLEEDS!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Good to see smiles in a hospital. Tobias is a trooper. I know these things are hard on the moms! Both of you take care. Dee

Totallyscrappy said...

No nosebleeds... sounds great! Prayers for a quick recovery.

Popular Posts