Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spider's Web


In life sometimes I have “trust” issues – I know when trust is broken with me, I struggle to give that “trust” back and test the waters again. Trust is important to me. I often hear people say “I trust God” – but wonder do we fully let go to do that? It can be hard sometimes to trust others. Recently at midweek Anthony’s lesson was on trust and they did the experiment of being blind folded, crossing arms and falling backwards with “trust” that they’ll be caught by their partner. My good friend has “trust” broken in a marriage – how do you “trust” again if that happens? Do we forget God too and he is disappointed in us when we don’t trust him? I’m sure he does get disappointed with me over and over. Trust when broken, needs forgiveness and grace. This is hard stuff to fulfill.

When I look at the spider’s web I photographed today on my cousins’ farm – I am amazed at the trust the spider has that it suspends something so fragile in a place it can so easily be removed. But it doesn’t know that, does it? And if broken, it will spin another one. Today in Job 8 verses 13-15 I read: “Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless. What he trusts in is fragile, what he relies on is a spider’s web. He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold.”

I know God “holds” when we fall back to him, and I pray for the grace to “trust” again knowing I too am a sinner. May I have the grace to trust again as God trusts me.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Trust is a very important part of any relatinship I agree. Once broken it is hard to trust again. Our relatioship with the Lord is all about trust and faith. I trust that the Lord is with me ALL the time, and He is. He is with you also Val.
The spider is an amazing insect although I did not think so when one came down from the ceiling when I was in the bathroom the other day. Lets just say I ran out quicky and am glad no one was around. lol

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Very good analogy...So often we say we trust our Father, but when rough water come up around us, I know I forget to pray and ask, and I always try to fix stuff myself. If I could only learn to totally trust and lean on Him!
Thanks for provoking my thoughts!
God bless and keep you, my sister.
Glenda

Dee said...

Hi, The Lord is working on me BIG TIME on the trust issue. It isn't easy ~ but i feel when i make the big break through to totally trust God in ALL things i am going to have joy and peace that will not have words to describe it. Your spring blog is so cute!!!!and i love the spider web photo and your view that if the web is broken it will spin another. That is the fortitide i need to remember. Have a good day. Your pal. Dee

Popular Posts