Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break 09 – Part 6 Farewell


Spring Break 09 – Part 6 Farewell

Parting was hard. When I kissed and hugged my brother, I honestly didn’t know if that was the last time or not I’d be holding his warm body in my embrace. That hurt – yet the look in his eyes to mine told me things that words cannot express – it was our good-bye. Brief, quick, but speaking volumes. Since his January brain surgery – he is probably at his best right now and that was good for us. His left hand still doesn’t cooperate and needs massaging a lot. His spirit is so amazing. His faith so strong. He is so childlike now at times; that it reminds me how we come into this world is often the way we leave. Their marriage is a prime example of commitment, trust, respect and true love. We will cherish the memories and moments filled with laughter. If you can’t laugh – you’ll cry – I’ve done both this week.

3 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

My heart is breaking for you! Your dear brother is in my prayer.

Gramma 2 Many said...

I am sorry you and your family is experiencing this. I often wonder how someone can get through something like this when they do not have the One to lean on.
I am happy you got to spend some good quality time with him. Maybe God will give you more time.

Becky said...

Val, I am so sorry you had to say good bye to your brother...but atleast you got to see him and let him know you love him. My prayers are with you, your family and espicially your brother.

Popular Posts