Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chasing What We Can't Have

Chasing what we can’t have...or don't need.

How often do you find yourself chasing something that is not obtainable? Sometimes I push and push only to surrender in exhaustion that sometimes what I want just isn’t meant to be. God watches and knows….he is patient while I learn that lesson in life.
See this Mama duck and her babies?
See the giraffe chasing them?
See how she gets away?

What would a giraffe do with a Mama duck and babies if it could keep or catch them? They don’t have a long term future together! Does God sit patiently and wait for us giraffes to learn that we can’t hang with the ducks? Sometimes you have to let things go….I’m going to do that this week. I’m tired of chasing the wind….God, I surrender to your wisdom – shine down on me. I will accept this knowledge with the grief I bear, I’ll move on and yes, I’ve grown in wisdom and knowledge from my experience. Amen.

Ecclesiastes 1:16-18 (New International Version)
16 I thought to myself, "Look, I have grown and increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge." 17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.
18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.


4 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Cute pictures and very good contrast!

Dee said...

I don't have the energy to chase any more. Surrender seems to be easier as i age. I am glad you have been able to take the step to move on. I know it has not been easy for you-whatever it is. Dee

Becky said...

Very good post Val it really makes me think. Why am I stressing over the stuff I can not change. I should let go and let God. I wish I could convey that message to my mom.

blessedmom said...

Oh, I just love reading this! Very true! :)

Thanks for the heavenly wisdom. Your blog is very enlightening. :)

Take care always! I appreciate your visit to my blog. :)

Popular Posts