Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sister, Sister

Sister, sister – you are a prayer come true.
Sister, sister – you are sunshine when I’m blue.
I have lost a sister, a brother, a mother, a father.
I have gained a sister, brothers, a mother, a father.
Sister, sister – you are a balm to my soul,
Irresistible to love, filling a deep hole.
God knew I needed you.
God knew you needed me.
Sister, sister - not by birth,
Sister, sister - of great worth.
Sister, sister – you sooth me like a calm lake.
Sister, sister – we’ve memories to make.

3 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

Val, I have had not had the time to visit like I like to. What a nice post to come back to.
Hopefully my life will quit spinning and I will be able to chat with all of my blog friends more frequently.
Love those golden tresses and curly locks.

Dee said...

What a tender post from a mothers heart. The girls are both very photogenic. Dee

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Precious!

Popular Posts