Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trials Persist


Trials persist – I don’t think God intends for us to live a totally peaceful, trial free life – and lately it seems to be we move from one fire to the next.  From Anthony being BITEN at school by another 7th grader then also being beaten up at a church event by an older girl to the point of humiliation, to the washer breaking, so Soph having diarrhea, it just doesn’t stop.  Then I take my deep breath, know my trials are nothing compared to others around me near and far, I listen in the silence and know my God is with me….my God is awesome….my God continues to grow me and remind me I need him and he is there.
Then I count my Blessings….1, 2, 3, 4, 5…..they go on.
 I’ll leave you with this “blessing” of a new washer and dryer that cuts down the time like crazy from the old set – it is better than anything entertainment wise for Sophia…..she’d put her chair in front of it and eat supper watching it go round and round and round if I’d let her…..again, God is good and blessings come back to us in new ways when we experience trials!  I just need to keep remembering that!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Val, isn't easy to get derailed when everything comes crashing in? I like how you start doing the mental list of all that you have going "right" (the blessings) in your life. God is there even when we think He isn't. Love the photos especially the one of Sophia in front of the new washer and dryer. That is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Awww Val,
First of all I offer you ((Hugs)).
And boy, I remember the days when my son was bitten by another boy (age 5 at the time) and beaten up by another in church (and having his brand new Christmas shirt ripped off of him).
Our hearts sure break when our children are hurting. :(
But I love the way you turned your trials into testimonies! Looking forward to hearing more of the ways God works these all our for His good.
Love the new washer! Can I put my chair up there and watch too?

Dee said...

My poor friend...these are indeed trying times for you...just hang in and keep your focus on God and family and take a long walk by yourself ever once in awhile. Sophia with the dryer fascination helps me to remember that our joys comes in the simple things of life.

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Val,

It is often times the day to day trials that wear on us most. You are an amazing woman! I hope you find comfort in 1 Peter 2:9 and 1 Peter 5:7

Popular Posts