Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Path Remembered


Sophia leaves stuff everywhere.  Here she “visited” me in the bathroom, the path follows all around the house.  Given 16 years of marriage B.C. (Before Children) I know I’ll have a time of neatness and organization again…so when I catch my breath in exasperation at the messiness everywhere, I simply remind myself that there will be a day that I’ll wish for these very toys scattered all over, reminding me of the vibrant youthfulness that walked those paths.  So as I look at this abandoned pacifier and princess wand….it just makes me smile and ponder more.
What will we leave behind?  Our time here on earth with worldly possessions is over in a blink. What all do we leave behind us and what does it say about us?  Some day Jesus will come again to call us all home, maybe it will look like this…..just “stuff” left behind…and I pray I’m not the one looking at the stuff, but celebrating in heaven with loved ones gone before and those around me that love the Lord as well.  So for now my job is to do my best – raise my children in the Lord and pray they’ll be with me when he calls us all home.
1 Thessalonians 4:14-18
14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I have to be honest I miss a lot of things about having young ones around, but not the mess's they made. Believe it or not...I think about this often, especially when I travel. I try to make sure I do not leave any thing written down some where that might hurt some one's feelings. I like to leave little heart notes for them to find.

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

All of us have thought at one time or another that the grass is greener on the other side, but your post reminds us to cherish where we are! Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts