Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Covered Up.

In my work travels recently I passed this solar panel grouping with trees overtaking the one end, covering the solar panels.  We had solar panels on our “older” home – a product of government incentives in the 80’s.  If we didn’t manually turn off the blowers after the sun was off them, they’d just blow the cold air back in.  We didn’t use them much and when we re-roofed that house after a hail we had a hard time finding someone to even take them since we didn’t want to put them back on.
 
How often do we get covered up in life – not allowing us to “shine” in the way God intended us?  Those trees could be addictions, depression or other vices in our life that cloud over the sunshine in our lives. Sometimes those things creep up and grow slowing that we don’t notice the damage until it is done.  As I thought of the seasons, like when winter comes and those leaves fall off, more sunshine will be able to make it to energize those cells in the panels.  We need God to shed our leaves so that his Son he sent to save us can reach through and energize our cells too! 
 
So, I’m going to re-evaluate my vices and see what needs pruning.  I’m sure I’ll find a few things.
 
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.   John 15:2

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Branches covering the panels does sort of defeat the purpose, literally and figuratively. Good post and thoughts for the day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful imagery! Excellent thoughts Val.

Ben said...

And, just like all of us, the owners of those panels probably would swear they were working just fine. It's a great connection you made, Val.

I don't want to be too hasty in eliminating all my vices, though...I'm liable to vanish completely!

Ben
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/devon.html

Popular Posts