Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sun Trees


As the sun set and caught the top of the trees behind our house tonight, it lit them up like they were on fire.  It was gorgeous and moving for me.  The contrast to the cold grey of winter's barren trees was stunning.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  So yes, it made me think of life and how Jesus, God's own "Son" was sent to light us up that we might shine for others in the grey gloom of sin and sadness on this earth.  Today I was more grey than sunshine and I took this as a reminder God sent to me to work harder at the positives 
and find that "sun" in my life.

"Finally, brothers, (and sisters!), 
whatever is true, whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - 
think about such things."
~Philippians 4:8 NIV~

1 comment:

Becky said...

Isn't amazing how a simple site can bring a truth of God to our hearts. Thank you for sharing

Popular Posts