It is Father’s Day weekend. Our Daddy will be working hard this weekend and we won’t see him much. So this is what I will remind my kiddos about their Dad this weekend as we love and uphold him:
· He is patient and slow to anger.
· He is dry humor funny!
· He is talented beyond measure.
· He is our IT dept at home and a growing job that is! (ipods, ipads, pc, nabbi, etc.)
· He is the one who speaks wisdom to us, sometimes we actually get it.
· He holds you when you are crying and scolds you when you break the rules.
· He shines with pride with your successes.
· He holds in the pain when you hurt too and has faith in you even when you fail.
· He picks you up when you fall, brushes you off, gives you a hug and lets you try again.
· He is competitive at games and you won’t beat him in Scrabble for many years yet!
· He will watch everything from Strawberry Shortcake to the older kids movies with you and pop the popcorn. He takes time for you in many ways.
· He loves to read and works hard to instill that reading books and education are important to your future. He has great dreams for you and your future!
· He is the one of your greatest gifts, respect and cherish him!
Most importantly, he is a man strong of faith and wishes for all his children to discover Christ for themselves, faithfully nurturing them with direction, example and prayer.
Happy Father’s Day Weekend - We all love you very much!
16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[a] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.