Thursday, October 24, 2013

Laughter in the Morning...

So many mornings it is push, push, push…wake up the kiddos, get them to dress, get them to eat, remind them no stretching or bodily noises at the breakfast table, get them to make beds, get them to brush teeth, get them off to school…..push, push, push.  Some days the attitudes are not very cheerful and the back talk and youngin’ crying don’t add to a joyful start for anyone first thing in the morning.
So today when Anthony showered and arrived later for breakfast than the rest of us wearing his sisters sweat pants she couldn’t find…..It was fun for me to be the one to tell him.  I pointed out he was wearing “girl” sweats!  Courtney erupted in her high pitched laugh-on-the-floor laugh and you can’t help but smile as a teen boy dashed downstairs to get them off….I called after him “at least I love you enough to tell you – I could have let you wear them to school!” making the others laugh even harder at the thought.

It lightened the start to the day and at the image of him standing in the kitchen with those skinny girl sweats on…..sometimes it is those little things that I carry with me in my heart….hearing the laughter following us all, making the morning a happier time…..we all needed that laugh! 
 
GENESIS 21:6 “Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.”

Out of context but applies – I hope you laugh with me too and find joy in your day.

1 comment:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Val,
laughter is such a gift! I realize often but it's the little things that count the most great post!

Popular Posts