Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Life is like a burning field

Life is like this burning field....
You can see the smoke, some of it is greater than the actual fire, 
creating drama for a small amount of a controlled burn.  
That is how I am feeling right now - we have SOO much drama creating SOO much smoke....when the fire is actually small and just a simple douse of good water could make a difference.  
But when you don't have the water, the fire burns out of control, 
moving quickly to consume all that is before it.

It creates a smoke fog so dense, in driving through it you can't see to the other side.
I drove hoping to find my way safely, scared by the lack of vision and fear of someone coming behind me too quickly or in front of me too slowly.  
The smell of the smoke filling my vehicle with lingering effects.

Lately, this is our life - we are going through the smoke, hoping to find the clearing - but 
the smoke keeps coming.  
Running away daughter (yes again), my Mom has cancer, 
son struggling in college, 
the list keeps growing like the flames of life.

Someday this smoke WILL clear.
Someday.

So I drive with the guidance of God. Knowing He knows my path.
He will lead me on to the clearing....
For this I wait.

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14




No comments:

Popular Posts