Sunday, March 4, 2012

Here is the Church, Where are the People?

 Here is the church,
Here is the Steeple.
Open the doors and where are the people?
 Here is the Church,
Here is the Steeple.
 Open the doors and there are the people!
 Remember doing that when you were a kid?  I still like to do it with my kiddos.  A simple hand game using motor skills, but think of the message…a church is the people.  I am so grateful for my church family and the support/love I feel from them.  They are awesome.  Hoping this Sunday that you have felt or are feeling the love of a congregation somewhere.  
 

 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 2 Chronicles 6:20

3 comments:

Frizzy said...

Aw! I have always loved that saying and yes, it is so true. I thank you for reminding me of this today.

I am very thankful for our church family and our Lord and Savior.

Dee said...

HI, I am back to blogging but have been gone so long I am having to weed through new changes LOL. I have often wondered who did the very first hand church with the saying...maybe I will do some research. I find it more difficult to do as I age and arthritis sets in...my steeple kind splits in the middle. :)

Trace-n-the-Grace said...

Loved this simple, poignant post. Thanks

Popular Posts