Friday, October 24, 2008

Two Left Feet

A friend of mine was telling me about how she found this new pair of black boots in a trash dumpster and couldn’t believe someone would just throw them away instead of giving them to Goodwill, Salvation Army or a thrift store. She couldn’t believe someone was so wasteful to throw away new boots! So, she pulled them out of the trash and took them home – they weren’t her size so she thought she’d pass them on to someone else when she discovered they were both for the left foot – there wasn’t a boot for the right foot! Maybe this person bought them unknowing of this and didn’t have a receipt to return them, or it was a final sale deal or was too far for the cost to return them – whatever the case, it made me think how quickly we can judge a situation and that there is always another side to the story. I wonder how many times have I judged others or have others judged me incorrectly and unfairly? Lord help me to see clearly and be seen clearly. Amen

No comments:

Popular Posts